stat

Thursday, October 17, 2013

What is friendship?

I could make this another entry about how much I love and adore my friends. Cause I do. Big time.
But I Think everybody's got the point by now.

It's funny how people like to throw around the phrase "My best friend".
Cause.. I hear friends call each other that all the time.. then they turn right around and trash talk each other. and when they see each other again.. it's all smiles.
It confuses me.

I struggle a lot with anxiety. A lot.
I have periods in my life where everything is just, shit and I fall apart.
It all started after the whole Jordan episode.
It wasn't until then than I knew the full meaning of "anxiety".
No one who has ever had anxiety can fully understand it.
It is the most horrible feeling ever.
The type of anxiety I struggle with is not usually the "panic attack" kind.
Mine is more.. straight up, "I-want-to-die" type of feeling.
Not like, I have suicide thoughts, but more like, I hope I don't have to wake up tomorrow.
Some of the people that come in to my life, we may get close, we might even end up becoming really good friends. Some of those people tend to disappear, just like that when I find myself in one of my "lows". And when I get out of it.. They seam to play it like nothing ever happened.
I'm sorry, not really.. But that's not how friendship works.. At least not SHOULD work.
I stand strong for my friends when they need me.
Cause I expect nothing less from them when I need them.
It's simple.. Friends support each other and help each other in times of need.
At least those are the kind of friends I want in my life.

I have a bunch of friends that I will forever hold close to my heart, no matter where life takes me.
They have been my friends for years, YEARS.
I truly believe that if we have been friends for this long.. Not much could possibly get in between us.
I love these people dearly.
I may not see these friends every day. Or even talk to them every week.
But I know where they are if I should need them.
THEY, are my best friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment