stat

Monday, August 5, 2013

Insomnia

Woke up at 3:10am, wide awake and not about to go back to sleep.

Spent the day at  the beach today with my good friend Thea and her kids.
Love those kids!

Yesterday was Birthday celebrations for my gorgeous friend Linda.
A bunch of her friends gathered at her place before we went out.
Linda and I have known each other for about 5 years.
She is one of the strongest and most positive people I know and she is my inspiration to wake up and fight every morning when I feel like giving up.

I've had a lot of thoughts around "dugs" lately.
I guess it's some what triggered by a person I recently met.
He has been battling a drug addiction for a few years and is finally getting back on track.
It brings me so much strength to see other people pull trough.
It's inspiring for sure.
I wish I was more educated on the "drug" subject.
And I don't mean on "substances" I mean, like, what to look for, what are the signs?
WHY people start and what makes them continue..
Do they somewhere a long the road of their addiction wake up and realize "Shit, what am I doing".
Things like that.
My mother battled alcoholism for as long as I can remember.
So yea, I am one of those "Adult children of alcoholics". (ACA). Go ahead, Google it.
Check out the laundry (Link) list while you're at it. That would be what I am working through.
I've come SUCH a long way through that list since only a year ago!
I was just looking through it now and I thought to myself.. "Wow.. That's actually not me anymore!"
What an awesome feeling!
Anyways.. I would love to just sit down with someone who has been trough a drug addiction, and ask questions.
I would like to be more educated on the matter for my own good..
I want to be able to actively make a choice to not have it in my surroundings.
To be able to recognize it and decide to leave, rather than having someone take the choice from me by simply not knowing what I am around.

Well, that's enough thinking for tonight.

Be smart!


No comments:

Post a Comment